- What is Chatter and what can I use it for?
- Is Chatter secure?
- Can I access Chatter without a browser?
- What limits exist in Chatter?
- What browsers does Chatter support?
What is Chatter and what can I use it for?
- Update your profile so that your coworkers can identify you and learn more about you.
- Post status updates so that coworkers know what you're working on.
- Create groups to manage projects that involve certain people. You can then upload files to the group that are relevant to only group members.
Only other users in your organization can see the people, profiles, posts, and groups in Chatter. Each person that signs up must have a valid email address with your company's domain.
Yes. Chatter Desktop is a free desktop application that lets you collaborate in Chatter without a browser. Use Chatter Desktop to post and comment in Chatter, and receive updates about your groups and the people and files you follow. Chatter Desktop also supports chat, private Chatter messages, and displays Chatter updates and private messages as popup notifications in your Windows taskbar or Mac OS X Dock. For more information, see Chatter Desktop.
|People, topics, and files you can follow||500|
|Groups you can join||300|
|Groups in your organization||30,000|
|Mentions in a single post or comment||25|
|Topics on a single post||10|
- The number of posts and comments stored on the Salesforce servers
- The length of time posts and comments are stored on the Salesforce servers
- The number of posts and comments an organization can make per day
- The number of email notifications that can be sent per organization per hour